Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

  Happy 75th Hunger Games! And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor. In order to celebrate the premier I made this house necklace representing three stages of the book, as well as the movie.

The first floor represents the Seam in district 12, Katniss home. The second level is the capital. The third level represents her during the Hunger Games.  I wanted more than a simple background so I made a coal inspired walls that sparkles in the light silver and gold.

The second level has the tube that brings her up at to the Hunger games arena. I added a fire background to represent her nickname "the girl on fire". Also her red fire dress Katniss wears during her interview and the arrow stand that she uses to shoots at the gamemakers....


........ as well as the target practice.
  
The first level includes her dad's leather hunting boots and coat And the district twelve's coal miners sign on the left side.

On the right side is her bow and arrows Katniss uses for hunting and a gathering basket. I made a fence background representing the electric fence that separates district twelve from the woods she hunts in.

In the third level I included a few things, on the right side is a silver parachute and Katniss black camouflage sleeping-bag.

On the left side is the fire and a nightlock berry bush. Also is the silver bow and arrows as well as the orange backpack Katniss is given containing Peeta's medicine and has to fight for at the cornucopia. I made this based in the description of the book, but it seamed to be different in the movie.

And lets not forget the famous mockingjay pin Kaniss wears during the games. This took me a good hour or two to make, hardest thing to make in the whole house.

I'm really satisfied how this house ended and one house necklace that worried me most because I did wanted to do the book justisce. I hope all the fans loved it and the movie, I know I did!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the hunger games but I loved your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i"m glade that even non-fans like the house :).

      Delete
  2. So creative! I love your ideas and details. ;)

    ReplyDelete