Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Questions with Answers

  I decided to answer two questions I often get asked.


 1.  Q: How long does it take you to finish your house necklaces??

      A: I takes me from 2 days to 2 weeks. I guess what people don't realize is that I design and draw all my house necklaces, which could take me a day or a week sometimes even longer (depending on the theme). But there is the occasions where there is no theme but just pretty colors or new effects or even new tools that I'm dying to use, and thats when I just wing it to see what happens. 

2.  Q: How long does it take you to make your button eye dolls??

     A: This is a much longer process from designing and drawing to creating the base and making the doll. The whole thing can take me up to a month and a half or two months. This is just because not every doll has the same base. The base is the most important thing when It come to the doll making. It determines the size, position, and the proportion of the doll. And I know by experience that a bad base equals a bad doll. But yes it's true I often take breaks when I'm either stuck or overworked with a certain doll. But in the end I have fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment